Dogma (1999) - It Can Be Hell Getting Into Heaven
-So for their insolence God decreed that neither Loki nor Bartleby would ever be allowed back into Paradise.
-Were they sent to hell?
"Walt Disney was more important than all the politicians we’re ever had" - Ray Bradbury
Happy 112th Birthday Walt!
Happy Birthday to the man who kept looking forward, shaped our childhoods and will never be forgotten.
|—||Guillermo del Toro, Introduction to The Best American Nonrequired Reading (via makosmori)|
You may believe Dementors have no souls, and you’d be right, but not for the reason you think: Dementors are made from damned souls, the husks of the once living, those who are too sick and angry to be even ghosts. They hunger for souls the same way the starved hunger for food: to fill up that empty space inside of them, the blackness that created them, to return to the hollow womb that made them. Haven’t you ever wondered why they were so willing to guard Azkaban? After all, what other place could be a better cradle for nightmares than Azkaban?
Hans Christian Anderson had a witch for a mother, you know. She told him the original story of the Little Mermaid. Yes, the little mermaid killed the prince. Stabbed him in the heart, let his blood flow over her legs, and stumbled into the sea, smearing tendrils of his blood after her, like her hair had melted into the sand. And she got her tail back, but it wasn’t the tail she wanted. It was black, like soot, and billowed around her, mere smoke and vapors. It choked her until she could breathe no more. And she died without a soul, chained to that soullessness for eternity, and she harvested the hapless souls of the young, kissing the mouths of children who cried too much or girls who longed for men who weren’t theirs. She tried to fulfill the rest of her contract with the sea witch, to become human — to become something with a soul.
It wasn’t meant to be a story about tragic love or salvation. It was a story about despair. It was, after all, a story about Dementors.
SEVENS IN HARRY POTTER. SEVEN BOOKS IN THE SERIES. SEVEN HORCRUXES. SEVENS ON HIS FOREHEAD
Other sevens in Harry Potter:
- 7 years at Hogwarts
- 7 floors of Hogwarts
- 7 galleons for a wand
- 7 positions in quidditch
- 7 tasks in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 potions in task 6
- 7 Weasley children
- Ginny is the 1st Weasley girl in 7 generations.
- Gryffindor beats Slytherin for the house cup for the first time in 7 years in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 books Gilderoy Lockhart requires for DADA (CoS)
- 7 muggles see Harry and Ron fly the car (CoS)
- 7 days of Aunt Marge (PoA)
- Arthur Weasley wins 700 galleons (PoA).
- 7 tear drops on Hagrid’s letter to Hermione (PoA).
- 7 people in the Shrieking Shack (PoA): Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Lupin, Snape, and Pettigrew.
- Voldemort killed Frank Bryce who was 77 to make the 7th horcrux.
- 7 locks on Moody’s trunk (GoF)
- Dobby has 7 socks (GoF)
- Unicorns don’t turn pure white until they’re 7 years old. (GoF)
- Harry was “born as the 7th month dies…” (OotP)
- 7 memories of Tom Riddle (HBP)
- Harry and Ron get 7 O.W.L.s each (HBP)
- 7DADA teachers
- 7 questions Bellatrix asks Severus in Spinner’s End
- 7 Harry Potters with 7 Order members
- 7 races in the wizarding world: Human, Giant, Goblin, Centaur, Elf, Werewolf, Veela
- There are 142 stairs at Hogwarts which adds to 7 (1+4+2=7)
- Cleansweep 7
- Gryffindor Tower is located on the 7th floor
- Nicholas Flamel and his wife have 7 years age difference
- 7 hidden passageways out of Hogwarts on the Marauders’ Map
- Flitwick’s office (where Sirius is locked in PoA) is on the 7th floor
- 700 ways to commit a foul in Quidditch.
- The Tri-Wizard Tournament was first established 700 years before it’s appearance in the GoF.
- Fred and George charge 7 sickles for a canary cream
- Clause Seven of the Decree states that magic may be used before Muggles in exceptional circumstances
- The Room of Requirement, used for DA meetings, is on the 7th floor. (OotP)
- Cormac McLaggen’s mother was married 7 times. (HBP)
- 7 death eaters at the tower in HBP: Draco, Fenrir, Amycus, Alecto, tall blond, Snape, Gibbon as well as 7 members of the Order and the DA: McGonagall, Tonks, Lupin, Neville, Ginny, Hermione, Ron
- Lily began going out with James in their 7th year at Hogwarts
- The prophecy is in row 97 in the Department of Mysteries
- There are 7 Animagi registered with the Improper Use of Magic Office
- 7 people locked in the Malfoy’s cellar (DH): Ollivander, Luna, Dean, Harry, Dean, Ron, and Griphook
Walt and Lillian Disney
"The earth laughs in flowers."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
"There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely, winding road at twilight…"